InterpretationSubmissions for online publishing sources must be received November 1 through March 1 for consideration the following academic school year. Submissions made after the deadline cannot be added to the list for use in competition until the following year. See our list of approved websites for online publishing sources.
Sample Practice Questions
- Has John Boehner lost control of House Republicans?
- What are the root causes of the gridlock that plagues Washington?
- Has Barack Obama failed when it comes to working with congress?
- Is John Kerry a good choice for Secretary of State?
- Should the US seek to increase legal immigration?
- What is preventing the US economy from achieving robust growth?
- What does booming domestic oil production mean for the US?
- How should lawmakers respond to the Newtown tragedy?
- Should significant federal deficit reduction in 2013 be a priority?
- What was the most significant domestic news story of 2012?
- What steps should China’s leadership take to maintain economic growth?
- Is Iran ready to negotiate an end to its development of nuclear weapons?
- What priorities should guide President Obama’s second term foreign policy?
- What is preventing the Syrian opposition from ousting Assad?
- Is the uproar over Egypt’s new constitution warranted?
- What are the prospects for economic revival under new Japanese PM Shinzo Abe?
- Is Israel justified in moving to intensify settlement projects?
- Should Italian voters support the return of Mario Monti to power?
- Is the ban on Americans adopting Russian orphans a sign of deteriorating US-Russian relations?
- What was the most significant international news story of 2012?